Data breaches cost businesses billions of dollars every year in lost income, lost information, liabilities, and other damages due to the inappropriate release of sensitive information.
Data breach protection is a key focus of cybersecurity today, something that every business should invest in.
Based on the top causes of data breaches, these are the respective top breaches that data breach protection services can help to prevent.
- Phishing Breaches - Some of the most common breaches, data breach prevention is as easy as providing good employee training on how to recognize phishing emails and websites, then implementing and following a good cybersecurity risk prevention policy.
- Password Breaches - Password data breach protection can be gained by creating a password policy to use strong and complex passwords, then implementing two-factor authentication for all devices and applications that are connected to the company network.
- Data Leaks - Data leaks such as cloud leaks, physical leaks, and other methods that expose sensitive data can be managed and minimized using configuration management tools that prevent unauthorized access and security policies that reduce the chance of unauthorized physical access to company devices.
- Malware Breaches - Spyware, ransomware, and other malicious applications that infect networks and steal data all require data breach protection services such as anti-malware and anti-virus protection, firewalls, and effective network design and monitoring to watch for threats, then seal them off before their damage can spread.
- Vulnerability Exploits - Protecting against vulnerabilities that are exploited in security breaches starts with hiring a data breach protection company that can assess network design, find existing vulnerabilities, then implement the changes necessary to remedy them.
- Third and Fourth-Party Breaches - Losing data to breaches occurring through third and fourth-party vendors who are not practicing their own network security still leaves businesses liable. Preventing this type of data breach protection requires monitoring those vendor’s systems and working only with those that can provide the data protection necessary.
- CM Breaches - Configuration management services provided by a data breach protection service will analyze and manage company network configurations and make modifications where necessary to prevent accidental data breaches or network vulnerabilities.
Data breach protection is a multi-step process that requires network assessment, employee training, and the implementation of various tools to prevent, detect, and block data leaks and unauthorized network access.
The easiest way to determine the best methods to help any business stay protected is to partner with a data breach protection company experienced in providing that essential business cybersecurity protection.